The learning and evaluation system of DRF/DRAF is based on several principles. One of those principles is for this area of work to be of mutual benefit to DRF/DRAF and the disability movement. It is essential that evaluation and learning data collected by DRF/DRAF is valuable to our grantees. The aim of the information provided here is to strengthen grantees’ advocacy and internal learning.
Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Reports
DRF/DRAF’s Annual Grantee Survey (AGS) is sent to organizations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) that have received DRF/DRAF funding. The purpose of the AGS is for DRF/DRAF to better understand grantee perceptions of our contribution towards grantee advocacy knowledge. The AGS Feedback Reports provide a summary of the survey findings specifically for grantees’ learning and knowledge.
- 2023 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report: Executive Summary (English PDF or English WORD)
- 2022 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report: Executive Summary in WORD (English, French, Bahasa)
- 2019 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report (English or Bahasa Indonesia)
- 2018 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report (forthcoming)
- 2017 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report (English, Bahasa Indonesia)
A sample of the 2020 – 2021 Annual Grantee Survey can be found here.
Global Independent Evaluation
Every three to four years DRF/DRAF commissions an independent external evaluation. This allows the organization and its stakeholders to first learn from advocacy progress and achievements and, second, to provide adjustments to its strategy. To date, there have been four external evaluations. More information on the evaluations are available here.
The findings from the most recent global evaluation have been reconstructed specifically into a learning summary for grantees. The summary includes major findings as well as a short application section for grantees to apply the findings for their organizational and technical growth.
- DRF/DRAF Global Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English – PDF or Word, Bahasa Indonesia – PDF or WORD, French – PDF or Word ); (Burmese forthcoming)
- Easy to Read DRF/DRAF Global Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English – PDF or WORD, Bahasa Indonesia – PDF or WORD, French – PDF or WORD ); (Burmese forthcoming)
Regional Independent Evaluation
For the first time in 2019 DRF/DRAF commissioned an independent evaluation for a region of its engagement: the Pacific Island Countries. The findings from the evaluation that relate to grantees have been pulled out from the full evaluation report into a learning summary. There are short application sections association with each finding for grantees to apply to their organizational and technical growth.
- DRF/DRAF PICs Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English)
- Easy to Read DRF/DRAF PICs Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English – PDF or WORD)
- DRF/DRAF PICs Evaluation Findings Summary Video (with English captions)
Photo Credit: Deborah Rhodes/Leadership Strategies