One of the four main principles of the DRF learning and evaluation system is a mutual benefit to DRF/DRAF and the disability movement. It is essential that evaluation and learning data collected by DRF/DRAF is valuable to grantees. The aim of the information provided here is to strengthen grantees’ advocacy and internal learning.
Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Reports
Each year, DRF/DRAF sends out the Annual Grantee Survey (AGS) to organizations of persons with disabilities that have received DRF/DRAF funding. The purpose of the AGS is to better understand grantee perceptions of DRF/DRAF’s contribution towards grantee advocacy knowledge and skills relative. The AGS Feedback Reports provide a summary of the survey findings specifically for grantees’ learning and knowledge.
- 2017 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report (English, Bahasa Indonesia, or French)
- 2018 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report (forthcoming)
- 2019 DRF/DRAF Annual Grantee Survey Feedback Report (English or Bahasa Indonesia)
Global Independent Evaluation
Every three to four years DRF/DRAF commissions an independent external evaluation. This allows the organization and its stakeholders to first learn from advocacy progress and achievements and, second, to provide adjustments to its strategy. To date, there have been four external evaluations. More information on the evaluations are available here.
The findings from the most recent global evaluation have been reconstructed specifically into a learning summary for grantees. The summary includes major findings as well as a short application section for grantees to apply the findings for their organizational and technical growth.
- DRF/DRAF Global Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English, Bahasa Indonesia – PDF or WORD); (Burmese and French forthcoming)
- Easy to Read DRF/DRAF Global Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English – PDF or WORD; Bahasa Indonesia – PDF or WORD); (Burmese and French forthcoming)
Regional Independent Evaluation
For the first time in 2019 DRF/DRAF commissioned an independent evaluation for a region of its engagement: the Pacific Island Countries. The findings from the evaluation that relate to grantees have been pulled out from the full evaluation report into a learning summary. There are short application sections association with each finding for grantees to apply to their organizational and technical growth.
- DRF/DRAF PICs Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English)
- Easy to Read DRF/DRAF PICs Evaluation Learning Summary for grantees (English – PDF or WORD)
- DRF/DRAF PICs Evaluation Findings Summary Video (with English captions)
Photo Credit: Deborah Rhodes/Leadership Strategies