Position Title: Information Technology Consultant
Contract Supervisor: Chief of Operations
Position Classification: Contract
Deadline: August 11, 2023
The IT Consultant has a vital role that will help shape, direct, and facilitate DRF/DRAF’s IT infrastructure, computer, and software systems. The consultant will be responsible for facilitating and overseeing the organization’s external IT audit to ensure it is completed correctly and on time, as well as providing technical support and assistance to organizational staff. This experienced professional will help DRF/DRAF realize the full potential of our growing organization and staff.
About the Disability Rights Fund and the Disability Rights Advocacy Fund
The Disability Rights Fund (DRF) is a multimillion-dollar grant-making collaboration among a diverse set of donors and the global disability rights community that resources organizations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) to advocate for equal rights and full participation in society. The Disability Rights Advocacy Fund (DRAF) is DRF’s sister organization, supporting advocacy for legislative change. DRF/DRAF currently work across Africa, Asia, the Pacific Islands, and the Caribbean. The Funds – which are based on a participatory grant-making model – annually make 200-300 grants, ranging from USD $10,000-$50,000 each, to OPDs to advance the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), including in implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Global Disability Summit commitments.
At DRF/DRAF, we believe our people are what make us great. Reflecting our values and participatory approach, we have persons with disabilities at all levels of our organization – staff, board, and grant-making committee. We value teamwork and a supportive work environment. Our goal is to find individuals who are good at what they do and passionate about our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and work closely with external contractor to ensure organization’s IT audit is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Prepare, maintain, and periodically update essential IT infrastructure, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, software, computers, and other hardware,
- Conduct business-critical IT tasks and systems administration, ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities in collaboration with DRF/DRAF’s accessibility team
- Provide training and onboarding for use of software and hardware systems.
- Troubleshoot and serve as primary support contact for diagnosing and resolving issues.
- Ensure network components work together seamlessly to meet the organization’s needs, using their full range of capabilities.
- Assess the security and technical needs of the organization and seek solutions that would create efficiencies, boost productivity, and increase accessibility.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software, particularly regardingaccessibility features.
- Prepare cost–benefit analyses for necessary upgrades and evaluate vendors to ensure that they areoffering the best service and value for money.
- Develop disaster planning policies and protocols and maintain data backups.
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Set up technical requirements for events and webinars.
- Work effectively with external technology service providers and vendors.
- Other related duties may occasionally be assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant certifications or equivalent technical degrees and experience. BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- 5 or more years in an IT position providing direct support to users with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Experienced at overseeing and managing enterprise systems including Windows OS, Microsoft Office applications and cloud-based servers.
- Professional certifications in IT systems and management, accessibility preferred.
- Experience with supporting and providing access for persons with disabilities preferred.
- Experienced in managing and monitoring security and systems, computer equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures.
- Comfortable troubleshooting, implementing, configuring, and testing IT solutions.
- Solution and detail-oriented; creative and analytical thinker.
- Enthusiasm for technology and open to learning new systems, software and processes.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse and non-technical user population and to respond quickly and appropriately to their support needs.
- Experience working in a remote environment preferred.
- Enjoy working in a purpose driven environment.
Salary and Benefits
This is a contract (20-25 hours per week) position from September 2023-December 2023 with possible transitionto a permanent role by December 31, 2023. The IT consultant will work with the Chief of Operations. The salary range for this position is $50-65/hour USD based on location and experience.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IT ConsultantApplication”. Please ensure your cover letter demonstrates how your IT experience and skills can support DRF/DRAF organizations, staff and mission. Please note due to the volume of applications we may not respond personally to every application. No phone inquiries please.
The Disability Rights Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to build a diverse team and foster an inclusive, accessible work culture. We strive to be inclusive and equitable in our hiring and staffing practices. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy or any other legally protected class. Individuals from historically marginalized communities including indigenous persons, people of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is August 11th. Applications received after the deadline may still be reviewed, but not guaranteed. Our ideal date for the IT consultant to begin employment with the organization is September 2023.