On the occasion of the 13th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The Disability Rights Advocacy Fund, the Disability Rights Fund, The Global Resilience Fund for Girls and Young Women at Purposeful, Women Enabled International, and the HI-Making It Work Gender and Disability Project
invite you to attend
Double Discrimination and Twin Pandemics: Women and Girls with Disabilities Addressing Gender-Based Violence during COVID-19
December 4th, 2020 from 1:15 – 2:30pm EST
Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mF7cpiPjQZ6ggGe8CSCFkw
In the year of Beijing +25 and during COVID-19, women and girl activists with disabilities across Asia, Africa, and the Pacific are taking the lead in addressing an increase in gender-based violence. Building on the advancement of the CRPD at national levels and involvement in national SDG processes, panelists will talk about how they have used partnerships and innovations to identify and address violence.
- Ms. Diana Samarasan, Founding Executive Director, Disability Rights Advocacy Fund and Disability Rights Fund
- Ms. Maulani Rotinsulu, Chairperson, Indonesian Association of Women with Disabilities
- Ms. Gaudence Mushimiyana, Executive Director, UNABU-Rwanda
- Ms. Zanele Sibanda, Director of Programmes, Purposeful With and For Girls Fund
- Ms. Maselina Luta, Program Assistant for the Deaf Association of Samoa
- Ms. Suzannah Phillips, Deputy Director, Women Enabled International
- Ms. Angeline Chand, Team Leader Programs, Pacific Disability Forum
- Ms. Sophie Pecourt, Coordinator, HI-Making It Work Gender & Disability Project
CART and International Sign will be provided.