The International Disability Alliance (IDA), the Government of Norway, and the Government of Ghana hosted the second Global Disability Summit in February 2022 (GDS22). DRF/DRAF were active planning collaborators and enjoyed attending and hosting several side events. You can watch recordings from the event here. NOTE: recordings will be posted as available; please check back often!
DRF/DRAF Lead Event
What Works? Resourcing OPDs in the Global South to secure and implement GDS commitments – watch the recording here>>
This event highlighted what strategies work best for resourcing OPDs to lead advocacy efforts to secure GDS commitments from their governments and ensure that these commitments are reflected in national level policies and programs. Read Panelist Bios here >>
DRF/DRAF Co-Sponsored Events
Additional events, dates, and times to be confirmed; check back for updates
- Bringing Deinstitutionalization Back on the Agenda – watch the recording here>>
- Key to Implementation of UNCRPD: Long Term Funding to Develop and Strengthen DPOs/OPDs – recording coming soon
- Inclusive Education: Making It Happen – recording coming soon
- Forging Gender Equal, Just and Inclusive Societies: A multi-stakeholder perspective on promoting gender transformative and inclusive development – watch the recording here>>
GDS22 – The Main and Related Events
If you went to our side events, make sure you also watch the recordings of the main events!
- Global Disability Summit – watch the recording here>>
- High Level Regional Summit for Asia, Sustainable and Inclusive Employment of Persons with Disabilities after COVID-19 – watch the recording here>>.
At GDS22, the UK Government’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) launched their new disability inclusion strategy that was informed by a wide range of consultations, including feedback from DRF/DRAF staff and grantees. READ THE STRATEGY>>
IDA and NORAD launched a GDS Discussion Paper on OPD engagement to unpack, frame, guide, and incentivize engagement of OPDs in development and humanitarian action through GDS22. It features two case studies of DRF/DRAF grantees from Rwanda and Indonesia. READ THE PAPER>>
Read and watch stories shared by the first ever Disability Justice Project Fellows–all women with disabilities from Uganda, Rwanda, Malawi, and Nigeria. EXPLORE DJP STORIES>>